[DeTomaso] Power steering conversion.

David Nunn dnunn at telus.net
Fri Aug 24 01:52:21 EDT 2012

Jack,

I believe the price of the EZ Electric conversion is about 1,500 Euros.

The one from England you're referring to is probably the DC Electronics
unit, that's marketed in the USA by Flaming River (part # FR40105). That
one's $5,950 (at Summit) but you'd still need to adapt it to the Pantera's
steering column, program the electronics, etc. There are some fairly
inexpensive universal style electronic power steering kits available but
they don't have the assist adjustability and speed sensitivity that the EZ
Electric unit has . . . and you'd still need to adapt them to the Pantera's
steering column. I suppose it would also be possible to adapt an OEM
electric power steering unit to the Pantera's column but that would still
leave you with the really tough part . . . figuring out the electronics in
order to get the amount of assist to your liking.