[DeTomaso] ARP Flywheel/PressurePlate bolts

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Aug 23 19:57:15 EDT 2012

In a message dated 8/23/12 16 40 5, seanmundy at hotmail.com writes:

> I need to reinstall my flywheel and clutch for the 6th time.  Thinking it
> might be a good time to upgrade the bolts.  Anybody know the ARP #'s for
> the flywheel and pressure plate bolts?     Thanks!
>

>>>Be advised that Fords use smaller bolts than Chevys.   (5/16 instead of
3/8).   On my aluminum flywheel I discovered that because the holes were
countersunk, there was insufficient thread engagement which resulted in the
too-short ARP stock-length bolts stripping out the holes in the flywheel:

My solution was to have the flywheel holes drilled and tapped for the
larger 3/8 inch size, then getting longer ARP Chevy bolts: