[DeTomaso] Removing ANSA resonator tips?

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 23:57:45 EDT 2012

I doubt that you could screw up performance by hacking up the Ansa
mufflers.

More likely, you'll make the car louder with no noticeable difference in
performance.

I have tried a lot of 15hp "improvements".  Maybe my butt is too big, but
it doesn't notice improvements until they hit about 50hp.

I like the sound of the gutted mufflers, though.  It sounds crisper - if
that makes sense.

If I simply wanted better performance, I'd do the whole enchilada with big
pipes, and something more modern for mufflers - i.e. Borla, etc.

Oh - but what to do to keep the original look.  I'd probably do what JT is
doing.