[DeTomaso] Removing ANSA resonator tips?

Mike Dailey panteraplace at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 17:47:07 EDT 2012

I've been doing more research on the flow rate impact of the two 1.5" ID
ANSA muffler tips compared to the 1 5/8" inlet and for the stock non-GTS
system there may be no benefit to making the tip ID larger.  The total tip
area volume is so large compared to the inlet that there is most likely no
restriction.  This assumes the stock internal end caps have been removed
from the tip front baffle pipe providing a minimum of 1.5" ID all the way
through the tip assembly.  This theory does not address any other internal
flow restrictions that in my case have been mostly eliminated.

If anyone on the forum disagrees I'd like to hear other theories?

I haven't done a calculation on the GTS system that has a larger inlet, but
it would be different.  Also, the factory the GTS systems I've seen already
have the tip end caps removed.