[DeTomaso] Ingnition switch/tumblers. Power steering conversion.

Phil Lockett montecarlo296 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 07:42:30 EDT 2012

Jeff,

Sorry, overlooked this.

I haven't done the conversion myself but I am collecting the parts to do so.

It is a very popular conversion in Europe with classic car nuts and especially with classic rally drivers.

If you google "Vauxhall Corsa power steering conversion", many hits come up.

In the US, I think the Suzuki Swift has a similar system, but whichever way, you need some way of either telling the unit your road speed, or linking something up so that it only gives you full assist on demand.

I'll write it up when I get to that point.

Phil