[DeTomaso] Removing ANSA resonator tips?

B Hower b.hower3400 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 21:19:01 EDT 2012

Dear Mike,

What makes these gaskets so great?

Thanks,

Bud #3400

--- On Tue, 8/21/12, MikeLDrew at aol.com <MikeLDrew at aol.com> wrote:

From: MikeLDrew at aol.com <MikeLDrew at aol.com>
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Removing ANSA resonator tips?
To: rspink2012 at yahoo.com, jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com, asajay at asajay.com, detomaso at realbig.com
Date: Tuesday, August 21, 2012, 12:44 PM

In a message dated 8/17/12 7 00 38, rspink2012 at yahoo.com writes:

> Speaking of the new Wilkinson headers and mufflers I just my set back
> from ceramic coating. With the set Wilkinson sent a set of header gaskets . 4
> individual gaskets for each side . Any thoughts on pros and cons of using
> these as compared to the more traditional gasket than combines all 4
> together?
>

>>>Two questions:

1)   Did you test-fit the system before you had it coated?   Any system
might need some 'percussive engineering' to make it fit, so it would be a shame
if you had to mangle your coating.

2)   We have a set we're about to install on Lori's Pantera; for religious
reasons more than anything else, we'll be forgoing the included individual
gaskets (which would be a real pain in the ass to use) and use top-notch
Remflex gaskets:

http://catalog.remflex.com/FORD_Header_Exhaust_Manifold_Gasket_p/3007.htm