[DeTomaso] Signal-cancel cam

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Aug 21 18:28:10 EDT 2012

In a message dated 8/21/12 15 11 41, davel at emspace.com writes:

> Mine happens to be a LeCarra also.
> I'll try to relocate the cam first.
> If that's a no-go and I do have to re-center the wheel, I think I can just
> go to the spline on the u-joint.
> Worst case, I do my own alignment anyway using a laser-level and blocks on
> the rims.
>
> I'll report on the results (promptly).
> (For 2 months I've owed Jack the story of passing emissions controls after
> 4 years.)
> dave
>

>>>Bill's suggestion was much better than my original one, I think.

I'd pull the wheel and the hub off the splined shaft, when the road wheels
are pointed straight ahead.   Install the cam in the proper 9 o'clock
position, after test-fitting it on the hub.   Then install the hub so that the cam
is engaged properly, and finally, reposition the wheel on the hub as
necessary.   You can then fine-tune the straight-ahead position of the road wheels
using the tie rods.   No need to fool with U-joint splines.

Cheers!