[DeTomaso] Signal-cancel cam

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Aug 21 17:35:57 EDT 2012

In a message dated 8/21/12 10 44 23, davel at emspace.com writes:

> I have one of those cams which is in the top position with the
> wheel/steering straight and I imagine it should be at 3 o'clock.
>
> What's the easy way to re-position it?
> I have Mike's note about replacing it, but can it be re-indexed the same
> way?
>

>>>Your wheel is mounted incorrectly to the hub.   Remove the wheel from
the hub, and rotate the hub/cam so that it is in the proper position (which is
9 o'clock, not 3 o'clock).   Then reattach the wheel (it should be facing
properly).

Your wheels will be facing the wrong direction, so you will have to adjust
both tie rods to turn the wheels a bit to the right.   You can do this
yourself by being very meticulous and using trial and error, or you can bring it
to alignment shop and they should be able to do it simply (and hopefully
cheaply).

Cheers!