[DeTomaso] windshields and dash removal

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Tue Aug 21 17:08:13 EDT 2012

Dear Doug,

           When one of my windshields was replaced at a commercial glass
company I asked to watch the procedure.  The dash does not need to come out.
A short statured man crawled into the Pantera and sat on the console with
some towels for padding.  He put his rubber soled shoes on the cracked
windshield and pushed it out.  The dash was not touched.  The gasket was
completely preserved and re-used.  ....and this was on a '74, #7171.   Easy
for the pros.

                          Warmest regards, Chuck Engles