[DeTomaso] Signal-cancel cam

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Tue Aug 21 13:44:05 EDT 2012

I have one of those cams which is in the top position with the
wheel/steering straight and I imagine it should be at 3 o'clock.

What's the easy way to re-position it?
I have Mike's note about replacing it, but can it be re-indexed the same
way?

tks
dave

"All you have to do to change the cam is remove the steering wheel hub.
There's a spring under the hub, and the cam is in between the spring and
the hub.   It just slides right over the end of the shaft.   It acts upon the
switch but isn't a part of it.   There's a projection on the face of the cam
which engages a groove or hole in the steering wheel hub so that the cam
turns with the wheel/hub."