[DeTomaso] A machine screw as a tire plug

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Aug 19 10:51:01 EDT 2012

Charles,

Get it fixed, now.
Shelley and I discovered we had one similar to this at a Tech Session
many years ago.  Actually someone else at the session noticed it.  We
drove to a local shop that could fix tires.  They service guy grabbed
all his tools and came to the car.  He took the pliers to pull the screw
out and nearly fell on his back when he did.  The screw was about an
eighth inch long.  It never even got close to the air side.  We drove
off happy at no charge.

You may be as lucky, but if you don't get it out now, it -will-
penetrate at some point.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie