[DeTomaso] Removing ANSA resonator tips?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Aug 18 01:38:10 EDT 2012

In a message dated 8/17/12 4:22:02 PM, jjdetrich at gmail.com writes:

> But back to problem of the resonators. I still think the problem is that
> there is a choke-down point where the perforated pipes go thru the end of
> the muffler can. And I think they are welded in place
> there. Until that section gets enlarged, the problem will not be
> addressed. Or am I missing something here?

Maybe others are missing something, Jeff. When I did an Ansa article a year
or two ago for the POCA Newsletter, resonators came in two different types.
The first (early) is a short version that gets welded to the end of the
muffler can. A smaller diameter perforated joining pipe is inside the case,
forming your 'choke point'. The second (newer) type has the perforated
resonator pipe integral to the assembly, with the end necked down & extended some 8"
inside the muffler case. Gutting that type resonator will likely break the
smaller bore extension loose inside, forcing the modifier to cut the case
open and patch-weld the loose pipe somehow. Good luck- J DeRyke