[DeTomaso] Removing ANSA resonator tips?

jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Fri Aug 17 22:13:55 EDT 2012

Jeff

I think we are on the same page.  The purpose of extending the depth of the hole saw to 12" is to cut the rearward weld out and open up that exit for better flow.  It would be better if the exhaust tip's diameter didn't decrease at that point.

Had I known this issue when the mufflers were opened and gutted, this would have been an easy task.

JT
---- Jeff Detrich <jjdetrich at gmail.com> wrote:

=============

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Charles Engles <cengles at cox.net> wrote:

> Dear JT,
>

>              Hmmm, all the usual reasons that a Pantera owner launches into
> a project.
>
>                              Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles

Well said.

But back to problem of the resonators. I still think the problem is
that there is a choke-down point where the perforated pipes go thru
the end of the muffler can. And I think they are welded in place
there. Until that section gets enlarged, the problem will not be
addressed. Or am I missing something here?

Jeff
6559