[DeTomaso] Removing ANSA resonator tips? - Wilkinson Gaskets

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Fri Aug 17 11:53:11 EDT 2012

I have the individual gaskets on my set of Wilkinson SS headers.  They have
been much better than anything I've tried to date, and are not really that
hard to install.

Before you slide the header up into the pocket to install it, hang one
gasket on the upper bolt at one end of the header and hold it in place with
your thumb as you line up the bolt with the header.  Once you've set that
first bolt with a few turns to hold the gasket in place, do one corner of
the gasket at the opposite end.  Now with the header in location, slip the
two middle gaskets up from underneath to catch the top bolt of each, then
you can push each one up with one finger while slipping the bottom bolt in.
Then tighten, heat cycle a few times and retighten  I've had no issues with
almost 500 miles driven since they were set.  I think the individual gaskets
do a better job of sealing and also allow for surface variations between the
header and head.

 . . . And they sound great too . . .

Mike Thomas
Panteras Northwest