[DeTomaso] My prototype interior

David D Fisher fisher95020 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 18:15:24 EDT 2012

Here's a few shots of my interpretation of  what a 72 Pantera interior would look if the designer wasn't constained to the Ford and Alfa parts and trying to get a tape deck in there somewhere.

I felt the Veglia gauges are the strong design point in the car and hence wanted to highlight them.  I also wanted to tilt the gauges towards the driver per the original design (this makes for some interesting angles to get the eye to like it).

I also moved the window switches onto the tunnel, which makes for some houdini wiring to clear the shift linkage, but it seems like a better placement, especially for the passenger.

Lastly,  I added one more little bucket in the tunnel as a phone / wallet holder.   Music will be mostly courtesy of Ford, but there will be an iPod jack in the wallet try wired to an Amp hidden somewhere?

You have to use a little imagination for the final version.

Imagine the center tunnel and dash finished in leather to match the seats and a little more tweaking on the fit and finish and removal of the hideous cover in between the two vents.

Heater controls will be via electric actuators.  The stock A/C control is behind the rightmost knob.  I have two "courtesy switches", one of which is not currently used.

I'm open to thoughts on how to make it better.  I may duplicate the french seam with the yellow stitch on the seats up along the tunnel and up the sides of the console... still debating that.  That dash is going to be a challenge to do in leather and I was hoping the vinyl and leather could live together, but they dont very well and I have to do something about the rather ugly "seatbelt warning tacked on" cover between the vents.

Just the console:

http://poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=37045

http://poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=37051

The making of: