[DeTomaso] Mechanics of after marker suspension bushings?

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 11:48:21 EDT 2012

I took the suspension apart for powder coating and the control arms (A arms) all have after marker bushings.  The control arms were pretty stuff and took a fairly strong push to move up or down.  The bushings were very tight in the control arms so I assume they moved with the arms.  I'm wondering how all of this should work?  Should the control arms move freely with respect to the body or be stiff like this?

Ken