[DeTomaso] Electric Choke

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 09:58:27 EDT 2012

There is a small lug on the back of the alternator that you can use.  It
provides 12v when the alternator is turning.

Make sure you put a fuse in the line.  That's what melted my wires to the
dash.  The wire popped off the choke and grounded on the intake manifold.
The insulation melted almost immediately.  The wire was touching the tach
wire, and the insulation on that wire also melted very quickly, and then I
had a hot wire to the dash.  One tiny fuse would have prevented a major
hassle.