[DeTomaso] Blower mystery demystified

B. Seib oldwheel at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 14 15:07:30 EDT 2012

The GENAIRE blower fans like the one in most Ford era Panteras are pretty
generic and were used in other specialty vehicles like some busses and RVs,
I think. I'm very happy with my new 3 speed US made motor. It fit right in
without modifications to my original GENAIRE "made in OHIO" fans and
housing. It blows at least twice as much air on Hi as the original. I
suggest you get one. Not expensive either.
The new 3 speed motor is a BM4320. I learned this from this DeTomaso list
years ago. I didn't invent it.  Just Google BM4320.

This thread has a lot of information on blower fans:

http://www.realbig.com/pipermail/detomaso/2012-August/145351.html