[DeTomaso] Blower mystery

Mike Dailey panteraplace at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 13 20:15:45 EDT 2012

The fan cages on my 71 are metal but in general have the same shape of the
blades in your pic and face the same direction.  Looking from the driver
side of the car the fan turns counter clockwise as you would expect for the
blade to pull in air from the inlet and force it into the heater/evaporator
box.  With the fan on there is only suction at the fan inlet and pretty
decent air blowing out of the front side of the heater/evaporator.  If you
motor is tuning clockwise that would be reverse from what I have.  Is your
motor flipped with the blades on the wrong side because you want it to be
turning counter clockwise with the blade as in your picture?