[DeTomaso] Setting Headlights

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 15:51:22 EDT 2012

I have done if this way, adjust low beam, the high beam will take of itself
with a 2 headlight system.
Prior to leaving home, gather some tape and two 8.5 x 11 sheets of paper
and draw a big, bold x on each from corner to corner. Go to a Flat level
parking lot ( rear of a grocery store after they close ), back up 25 feet.
Measure the height of the center of the headlights on the car and tape the
X targets on the wall directly in perfect alignment with the car, except
the left one, move it over towards the right 2" ( this is too avoid
blinding an oncoming driver).
Now remove your trim rings and have at it, it alsi helps to have a person
or equal weight sitting in the drivers seat to approximate your ride height
and a 1/2 tank of gas ( equally wrong at empty and full).

Michael Shortt

You used to be able to borrow or rent plastic devices that fit on the glass
nipples of the lamp itself, these were glorified left/right and fore/ aft
levels, haven't seen them in years.