[DeTomaso] NPC: 1989 Ford

Corey Price coreyjprice at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 23:00:32 EDT 2012

Well, thanks for everyone's suggestions.  I think I found the culprit.  I checked for spark, and it seems fine.

After turning the key, I listened to the electric fuel pump.  It started making duck-like noises, and after a few twists of the key (and probably charging the fuel system), I can get the engine to run for a second or two.  In my mind, it's the fuel pump.

These old 300 six-cylinder engines just go and go and go.  270k+ miles and still strong, no rebuild.  Granted, it rarely sees anything above about 3500 rpm.  A machine shop said I would wear out before it did.

Corey