[DeTomaso] NPC: 1989 Ford F250

Corey Price coreyjprice at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 10:25:11 EDT 2012

I have an old 1989 Ford F250 with the 300 straight six, fuel injection, 5 spd and it died on me last night on the freeway.  It would run sporadically but eventually wouldn't run at all, very suddenly.  It cranks over just fine and does start to run for a fraction of a second.  Fuel pump noise is still there, so I'm thinking it's spark/ignition related. Thoughts?  My '91 Mustang had a TFT module on the distributor that was prone to sudden failure and this old truck has the same thing.  I'll look for spark this evening after I bring the Pantera home.

Corey