[DeTomaso] Motor mounts

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Aug 9 02:58:55 EDT 2012

In a message dated 8/8/12 8:49:06 PM, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> .....Hall has them in Poly -or- rubber .....

In my estimation, polyurethane motor mount isolaters are a very bad idea.
I've helped cut some poly isolaters apart with hacksaws and a hammer/chisel,
that melted during a highway run at legal speeds. This is particuarly bad
with the left mount that must be separated into its parts to extract from
around the shift shaft. When the isolaters melt, the whole mount becomes a hard
blob that cannot be easily disassembled on the car. The heat coming off
Pantera headers are more than enough to melt the poly I've seen. I suggest
rubber mounts. FWIW- J DeRyke