[DeTomaso] Glue In Windshield

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 08:53:45 EDT 2012

Chance,

I have one of these installed on my car by Quella. I really like it.
See comments below.

Kirby

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:58 PM, Chance Dorsey <chance.dorsey at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Has anyone installed or had one of these installed?
Yes, it's been on the car since 2010.

> I understand that these are oversized so there is no metal to weld in around the opening.  How big is the gap between the frame and the glass?

That is correct.

> Is there any type of trim similar to newer cars that covers the gap?

Not that I'm aware of. Mine just has the sealer (RTV) in the gap. The
gap is only about 3/16" wide.

> Is there anything that I should be aware of when considering this upgrade?

Not that I'm aware of...
I can send you pictures if you feel that'd help.