[DeTomaso] Electric Parking Brake Caliper Actuator

CoatesR8 at aol.com CoatesR8 at aol.com
Tue Aug 7 10:13:07 EDT 2012

I think you will find Mike, that by actuating the parking brake whilst on
the move  will pulsate the ABS system in order to stop the vehicle,
(certainly the case with the Passat EPB system)

Roger UK

In a message dated 07/08/2012 14:59:19 GMT Daylight Time, MikeLDrew at aol.com
 writes:

In a  message dated 8/3/12 19 02 34, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> One  of the new hyundais is advertising their car with an electronically
>  actuated e brake.
>

>>>My 5-series BMW rental car had  the same feature.

Actually, by definition it's not an emergency brake  anymore--it's a
parking
brake.   If your brakes fail while  underway, the OEM-style units won't do
anything for you.    There's no lever to pull/pedal to step on to
mechanically, manually  actuate the brakes, and I don't think you can set
the electric
version  while moving.

I guess governments have given up on the notion of backup  braking system
for emergency use while underway.   This makes an  aftermarket electric
system
a viable thing for Panteras, I  think?

Mike (whose Pantera has no parking brake...maybe now I can fix  that?)

Detomaso  Forum Managed by POCA

Archive Search Engine Now Available at  http://www.realbig.com/detomaso/

DeTomaso mailing  list
DeTomaso at list.realbig.com