[DeTomaso] Window motor mensa.

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Tue Aug 7 01:24:58 EDT 2012

Yesterday I got home from a hot day at the local historics and went to
run up the driver's window.
All I got was a little click and  a faint hum - Power getting there but
no action.
When I got in there today and moved it off-bottom with the manual drive,
it run up just fine.
But, whenever it ran all the way down, it was 50/50 if it would run up.
I saw that the motor was flexing in it's mount when the window hit bottom,
  so i moved the travel stop out more.
Now with the glass stopping 3/4" above the sill it goes up almost all
the time.

What's the best guess here?
Maybe long-term flexing cracked a connection in the motor, and when it's
flexed now it has a really high resistance?
dave