[DeTomaso] Carb question

B. Seib oldwheel at shaw.ca
Sun Aug 5 01:55:50 EDT 2012

Hi Bill, Mark

The early cars run the power to both the condenser and compressor from a
single pole icing switch. The contacts used to run the condenser full time
in the later version are not present in the pre-L switch. I've wired my
early 72 car with a switch that only allows the AC to run when it is
selected and then runs the condenser full time and also the blower fan at
low speed unless higher speeds are selected. I used the blank unused switch
in the stock console. You could use that switched lead to the condenser
relay to also energize the idle speed solenoid too. Bill posted a drawing of
my setup on his POCA album, I think.

Barry

----

In late cars, the AC Condenser fan runs all the time the AC is on.  Connect
your fast idle solenoid to the wire which powers the condenser fan (
should be Blue/Black). Turn on the AC, blip the throttle once, and you
should be
on fast idle.

On early cars, the wiring is more complicated because the AC  condenser fan
only runs when the compressor cycles. IF your AC switch has an  unused
terminal, check to see if the terminal is 12V when the AC is ON and the
compressor is OFF. If YES, wire that terminal to the fast idle solenoid. I
have  to
be a little vague about the early cars, because I don't know if the same AC
 switch was used as was used in later cars.

Hope this helps.

Have fun  today,

sobill at aol.com