[DeTomaso] Carb question

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Sat Aug 4 21:01:00 EDT 2012

In late cars, the AC Condenser fan runs all the time the AC is on.  Connect
your fast idle solenoid to the wire which powers the condenser fan (
should be Blue/Black). Turn on the AC, blip the throttle once, and you should be
on fast idle.

On early cars, the wiring is more complicated because the AC  condenser fan
only runs when the compressor cycles. IF your AC switch has an  unused
terminal, check to see if the terminal is 12V when the AC is ON and the
compressor is OFF. If YES, wire that terminal to the fast idle solenoid. I have  to
be a little vague about the early cars, because I don't know if the same AC
 switch was used as was used in later cars.

Hope this helps.

Have fun  today,

sobill at aol.com

In a message dated 8/4/2012 5:35:34 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,