[DeTomaso] Carb question

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Sat Aug 4 20:09:46 EDT 2012

The original Ford Autolite carburetor installation included a  throttle
solenoid which was used if the engine got too warm while  idling.

This a simple solenoid, mounted on a bracket, with a plunger  which changes
the throttle stop position when activated. The activation could be
connected to the AC compressor clutch wire to up the throttle position when the
compressor kicks in.

Holley makes a "fast idle" solenoid:

_http://www.holley.com/46-74.asp_ (http://www.holley.com/46-74.asp)  and
various mounting brackets.

Have fun  today,

sobill at aol.com

In a message dated 8/4/2012 12:55:59 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,