[DeTomaso] Help needed! Longchamp steeing, please read despite NPC->solved

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Fri Aug 3 15:54:03 EDT 2012

Thanks to Tomas, Roland, Mike, David, Jack, Wellis, Raffaele, Steve
Wilkinson etc. etc. and a few Maserati vendors as well. And those I've
forgotten. This community is really helpful. I got the part from MIE
Maserati parts, a reproduction that also necessitates changing the outer tie
rod, fits my Longchamp with ZF steering and Quattroporte III. It cost $333,
very very expensive, but I guess we have to be grateful that somebody still
bothers to reproduce these things to keep our cars running.

Installed today, and tightened front wheel bearings, and it's like a new
car. I've always liked the way it handled, but now it's even better. The
steering is just so tight and communicative, amazing.

Took it for a spin, big smile, and just when I entered my favorite road, the
CD started an Italian Opera, I turned it up loud :-)

Mikael