[DeTomaso] Ingnition switch/tumblers

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Thu Aug 2 20:57:46 EDT 2012

Dear Fred,

              I will address the cheap and simple approach to this problem.
It might work. It is relatively cheap, very easy and terribly simple.

              There is a special product to lubricate and clean locks.  A
kind member of the forum clued me to it. It is called Houdini.   It is
available on line from lock specialty shops.  It is an aerosol spray that
one simply sprays in the lock.  It absolutely rejuvenated the arthritic
locks on my daughter's 1999 Sable to normal function.  It costs about $12
for an eight ounce can.  It could work.  FWIW, that is all I know about
locks.  Well, I know a bit more, but if the Houdini doesn't work then it is
a bigger pain in the ass and it will cost more money.   Good luck.

                      Warmest regards, Chuck Engles