[DeTomaso] Fwd: RE: Wheel offset (ET)

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 19:29:26 EDT 2012

If the ride height changes ( as with most tire upgrades) the springs go up
and down and this causes new/different pull on the steering knuckle which
affects toe, not to mention camber since the wheel hub / steering knuckle
will be higher / lower in relation to the body since it moves in an arc.
IMHO

Michael

On Aug 1, 2012 7:09 PM, "Julian Kift" <julian_kift at hotmail.com> wrote:

> You are moving the tire in or out in a horizontal plane, so your not
changing toe, caster or camber, what aspect are you going to re-align?

> Julian
>
> ________________________________
> Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 18:58:40 -0400
> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Wheel offset (ET)
> From: michaelsavga at gmail.com
> To: shawkins777 at comcast.net
> CC: julian_kift at hotmail.com; detomaso at realbig.com; guson at home.se
>
> Absolutely true, plus any real difference in either direction really
necessitates a four wheel alignment.
> Michael
> On Aug 1, 2012 5:55 PM, <shawkins777 at comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> You have to be careful though because you can affect the way the car
handles.

>> Steve

Tomas

bflesland at gmail.com>