[DeTomaso] 1st GoPro Vid

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 16:52:19 EDT 2012

I received a GoPro camera at Christmas. For years I have been planning &
thinking about creating a DeTomaso video, (well several movies).

I have not had a chance to play with it until now.  My son went on a school
trip taking my regular camera so the GoPro was all I had

at the last club meeting.  The camera does not have a view-finder so where
it is pointing was only a guess.  I made a short clip of

Steve's Mangusta for the registry.

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/R8MA878/R8MA878.asp

While there are several videos there, click on the one dated 2012.

Since the GoPro is a specific use type of camera, if anyone has experience
with one, feel free to offer suggestions and advice.

I need to get proficient with it quickly so I can begin my DeTomaso Drive
project.

I'm not familiar with the differences in video formats, other than to know
that most won't play on my computer, or I can't edit

them using MS Movie Maker, so my selection of formats is limited.  Anyone
know about all the formats, like which is most 'common'

meaning works on the most computers without "codecs" etc., highest
resolution, best audio, most compact storage size, etc

While I have asked a number of DeTomaso people that have taken video for
advice, oddly, no one has bothered to provide me with

lessons they have learned about where to place the camera, how to
efficiently organize and edit clips, etc.

The only comment I received from Michael Shortt was that he didn't like how
the wind noise affected his "Tail of the Dragon" video clips.

I can only imagine, having seen/heard the typical YouTube car video clip.
But what do I do about it?  Tape over the mic?

I want car/engine/tire sounds, not music.

Hey!  I'm an engineer-type so I wanted to benefit from those with
experience, then do some testing, document my experience etc,

so that my first video is *good*.  I have lots of ideas, now I need
experience, but starting from scratch is s-l-o-w.

Anyway, I've taken a few stills with the camera mounted around my Pantera to
get an idea of the FOV of the various formats (wide-angle etc.)

and when my rear bearing job is done, I'll go for some drives.

Maybe the first one will be produced by "Shaky-Hand Productions" - grin.

Chuck