[DeTomaso] Heading out....

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Apr 24 01:21:25 EDT 2012

Hi guys,

The PCNC convoy is going to be heading south down I-5 for an overnight stop
outside Palm Springs, and then taking I-10 on Wednesday to Chandler.

Lori and I were going to have to drive two hours just to meet up with them,
but then providence smiled upon us, even as he frowned on Julian Kift.

Julian has a killer tractor/trailer car-hauling rig, and was all set to
bring his GT5 and his new Roush Daytona Prototype (not a Superformance Daytona
Coupe, but an actual 24 Hours of Daytona prototype race car!) to the event.
 This past weekend, his first drive in the Daytona Prototype ended with a
mechanical malady that renders the car unfit for the track this week.   This
then left a yawning chasm in his car trailer.

So instead of driving two hours to catch up with the PCNC gang, we're
taking three hours to drive through the beautiful Sierra mountains to Larry
Stock's shop, where we'll then load our Pantera on the trailer, and jump in the
cab for the run to Phoenix.

By total coincidence, the fellow who restored my Pantera, and hasn't seen
it for 10+ years, is going to be in Las Vegas tomorrow night, so that's our
designated overnight stop.   We'll have a tearful reunion at the end of a
(long) day, and then it will be a five-hour drive on Wednesday.

Looking forward to seeing many of you there!