[DeTomaso] Panteras at Tour Auto 2012

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Apr 22 14:22:45 EDT 2012

Hi guys,

The Tour de France Auto is going on right now; Stephane Bergeron sent me a
brief report.   Apparently there are five or six Panteras entered.   I asked
him if he knew any of the owners besides Bob (who we both know).

He wrote:

 Yes, I know Sevestre with the other red car, I talked to the green car
driver, Mr Fradin, but yesterday he had an accident, car is destroyed, went
into a ditch after a curve and was stopped by a tree :<(

The blue one is from Nice, a young guy driving his father's car Driot.
Clone of De Marino Bruno, but he didn't know him.

The white one , I didn't know. It's a company from Bordeaux ? which is
restoring 2 cars, GR4 clones.

Finally there rate more and more Panteras  in France :<))

Stephane

======

He sent me some photos from early in the event where the cars were on their
overnight stop; I've put them up here:

Here's an image I found on the internet of the green car, at the same stop:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/_pec_/5616684812/

And on the road:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/florian-track/7081393025/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephanelecreux/6941666684/

The white car (with two different sets of wheels):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/planete-gt/7099251511/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/u-jack/7092855131/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephanelecreux/7087848413/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephanelecreux/7087705081/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephanelecreux/7087703541/

The blue car:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldelie/7087809797/

Here's Bob again:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldelie/6941923412/

Great stuff--although I hope the green car can be repaired....