[DeTomaso] Basic question on seats...

Mark Charlton pantera01826 at rogers.com
Sat Apr 21 11:43:35 EDT 2012

My white '71 Pantera has the seat rail knobs inboard (closest to the console) and also pointing inboard, so that to engage the release you pull the lever into the footwell area, not closer to the console. As far as I know, that is the way mine came from the factory. It was that way when I got the car at 13,000 miles.

FWIW, my "other" 71 Pantera has them outboard and facing inward. Those seats were definitely swapped side-to side and the levers are much more awkward to operate on that car. I will be flipping them back at some point when I need to take the seats out.

Mark Charlton
pantera01826 at rogers.com