[DeTomaso] [SCPOCA] The continuing saga of...

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Apr 19 19:43:06 EDT 2012

In a message dated 4/19/12 11:55:48 AM, kirby writes:

> I don't have this scenario, but was wondering. Can you trash a main
> bearing due to accessory belt load?

More likely you'll waste the bushings or bearings in the accessories, since
they have much smaller surface area, are more poorly lubricated and are
usually running at a higher speed. I have only heard of this happening to front
main bearings with overdriven 6-71 blowers and mechanical tensioners on a
4" gilmer drive. FWIW- J Deryke