[DeTomaso] more on insurance - storage only?

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Thu Apr 19 16:32:11 EDT 2012

I have had this discussion with my agent. #1280 is not being driven and is
in storage. It is exempt form the standard house/garage insurance and has
to be insured specifically as a non driven car. The rate is $15/6m or $30
a year so it is not a big deal.

However, #1905 is currently not covered as a car as it is disassembled and
does not qualify. It is in a grey area not covered.

I am sure insurance companies are different and the devil is in the
details but I think to get it sorted out would require a sit down with
your insurance agent. Any specifics should be in writing.