[DeTomaso] This ought to be fun...

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 22:53:00 EDT 2012

AJ,

Firstly, the crankshaft was new.
Theoretically, it should have been fine.
Practically, 'we' should have checked.

The line bore was done correctly. So he says.
How can I check that? I have to trust someone, sometime, right?

OK, I left one bit out.... No, make that two bits... Just to keep you all on your toes.

I'm running a remote oil to water cooler; or is that water to oil cooler? Well, you know what I mean.
My experience, having installed one on my previous engine and knowing oil pressure before and after, is that about 10psi is lost in the hoses and cooler.

I think the oil pressure was just about right, based on that past experience.
I should also note that I bought one of Quella's 'special blueprinted oil pumps'.
Supposed to deliver more oil with less stress on the distributor gear. I am not sure I believe that anymore...
I have a new Melling high volume pump ready to go back in now.

See how I add new variables every time a theory arises?
:-)

Your other theories on undersize, oversize, etc. are not proven, as you say, since I didn't put the block together....
This time, I will check, personally.

Thanks for the feedback!
Kirby