[DeTomaso] This ought to be fun...

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 19:15:45 EDT 2012

Ah, well.... I haven't... had a bearing spin in a red Pantera.

But when I sold my first Pantera in Aberdeen (it was red) back in 1988, the guy that bought it blew the engine big time.
Rod through the side, etc. etc.
Claimed it was a bad main bearing and I should have known about it.

Uhhh.... Hey... You rode in the car and drove it!

He ended up getting a new engine in it.

And then it went to waste.... Sitting in a barn.

Thanks to Mike Drew's help, I did find out that 238 HOT is still out there.
The guy said he was restoring it, but I haven't heard from him in years.

Thread drifting here, but pictures of it in the mid 80's are here.
http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/kirbyschrader/pantera/238hot/238hot.html

My son, now going on 30... is 3 years old in that picture.
:-)
I really do need to update my website... Starting to show its fangs.

FWIW,
Kirby