[DeTomaso] $60,000 Patnera targa top on ebay????

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 11:43:09 EDT 2012

Since Panteras are "monocoque" cars..(if I understand correctly, the body
structure as a whole provides chassis strength comprehensively) are the
targa cars structurally reinforced elsewhere to make up for the loss of
rigidity in the roof? Seems like it would be weak in the mid section with
nothing more than the shifter tunnel, floor boards and door sills to tie it
together.

We have seen this in other cars, where convertibles or t-top cars had
additional structure in the chassis.

If so, where was the structure added? Approximately?

Thanks,

Cullen

Cullen,

I added a photo of the sub-structure that Hall added to "Purple Passion"
here:

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RTHPNPY07186/RTHPNPY0
7186.asp

Chuck