[DeTomaso] Dipstick photos and measurements // that's my final    answer

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Apr 17 10:48:32 EDT 2012

In a message dated 4/16/12 11 01 54, Bill at incendium.com writes:

> O.K. With the dipstick, now then...........
> "So the engine in a Pantera sits flat" (no tilt). Square with the world.
> So is the carb now tilted and what effect would that have, just asking,
> here we go.

Ideally you want the carb to be flat.   Most intakes have a tilted pad to
go along with a normal front-engine application which has the engine tilted
upwards.   Blue Thunder makes a Pantera-specific 4V dual-plane intake with a
flat carb base.

I had an earlier-generation Blue Thunder with a tilted base, and had it
machined flat to mimic the Pantera intake.