[DeTomaso] Speaking of coolant tubes - what is this plug for?

JPEP33 at aol.com JPEP33 at aol.com
Mon Apr 16 15:25:22 EDT 2012

Well I'll be dipped in tranny fluid!

JP-Texas

In a message dated 4/16/2012 12:56:04 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
cengles at cox.net writes:

Dear  Thomas,

Ach du Lieber! I am glad that somebody knows exactly what the  mysteriour
port-plug is for. Unfortunately, I am so dumb I didn't know that a
*temperature switch* for a vacuum advance even existed. It doesn't appear to  be used
very much at all. Was a vacuum advance temp sensor some sort of
seventies&eighties era anti-smog ignition feature??

Warmest  regards, Chuck Engles

---- thomas <thomas at hax.se>  wrote:
> It is used for a vacuum advance temp switch.
>
>  I'm now using it for the coolant temp sensor for the EFI.
>
>  Cheers,
> Thomas
>
> 16 apr 2012 kl. 19:15 skrev Charles  McCall <charlesmccall at gmail.com>:
>
> > This is the stock  coolant tube on my GT5-S. Please compare to a
> > replacement  purchased in Stainless Steel that is missing the plug.
> >
>  > What was the plug for? Is there any value in having it cut off  and
> > welded onto the replacement tube?
> >
> >  Please see this photo comparing the two:
> >  http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=36095
> >
>  > anda blurry photo of the plug here:
> >  http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=36098
> >
>  > Thanks!