[DeTomaso] $60,000 Patnera targa top on ebay????

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Apr 16 13:37:06 EDT 2012

In a message dated 4/16/12 10 32 45, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> I have seen this listed several times:
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/72-DeTomaso-Pantera-Targa-Top-3099-/180758524696
>
> Is this guy serious?  $60K for just the top????
>
> I wondered if he is really trying to sell the car and is trying to get
> exposure without paying the ebay fees?

That must be it.

That's a fascinating car by the way.   It's powered by a for-real 427
side-oiler.   The chassis was extensively beefed up to support the extra weight
and the loss of structural integrity associated with whacking the roof out.
This was one of the most remarkable cars I saw at my first-ever POCA Fun
Rally in 1990...