[DeTomaso] Wheel Bearings GT5-S

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Apr 15 20:13:23 EDT 2012

In a message dated 4/15/12 12 06 27, JDeRyke at aol.com writes:

> Thomas, I measured; however it was done, the larger bearing needs a
> bigger
> hole and the usual cast relief inside between the two bearings is noearly
> but not quite all, gone. If you weighed both an easrly & late bare upright
> and
> the late one was heavier, OK.The simpest way is, it was bored.

Gr4 Panteras used DIFFERENT uprights, which featured larger bearings and a
stepped axle.   Those uprights were then used on the 1980s widebody cars
(but not the narrowbody cars from the 1980s, generally).   They also have
different bolt spacing for the brake calipers.   They aren't just bored out, they
are manufactured physically larger.