[DeTomaso] Dipstick photos and measurements

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Apr 15 12:10:08 EDT 2012

In a message dated 4/14/12 18 18 7, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> Oh... and do we know for certain your tube is proper length?

We know for certain that we THINK it's the proper length.   I have two of
them (one of them now mounted on my car) and they appeared to be the same.
Only the dipstick length differed.

I find it both hilarious and tragic that at least some of the Pantera
vendors who offer an aftermarket 351C dipstick tube, don't even bother to try to
make it the right length.   After all, it's so easy to do!   Just measure an
original, and copy it?   Instead they deliberately make it too long, with
the idea that you'll cut it to fit--but then they sometimes don't bother to
tell you that, so you wind up putting 25 quarts of oil in your engine if
you're not watching out for it....