[DeTomaso] Dipstick photos and measurements

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Apr 15 11:27:00 EDT 2012

In a message dated 4/15/12 7 34 49, jjdetrich at gmail.com writes:

> Thanks, Mike. So the next question is, if I follow the directions for the
> Aviad Pan, where does it end up realtive to the dipstick in Mike's
> picture. I would think it should fall in the same "safe" zone shown in the
> picture. I think that was the original question starting this thread.

Good question--what I can do is measure the height from the pan rail on the
block to the 'safe' mark on the dipstick.   Then you can fill a pan with
the supposedly 'right' amount of oil; the distance from the top of the pan to
the 'waterline' of the oil should be the same.

Larry Finch has kindly offered to loan me a stock non-Pantera 351C dipstick
and tube assembly for comparison; I'll be getting that Thursday night and
will mock up photos etc. Friday.