[DeTomaso] Wheel Bearings GT5-S

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 14 12:18:19 EDT 2012

Charlie,

FWIW, when i rebuilt the ones on the GT5 (same later step axles with large bearing) I was surprised how much play there was. So much so I went back to Larry Stock and got him to look at it, he said it was normal for the later cars to have some play.

If it is more play than acceptable and you let it go too long you risk scoring/wearing the axles, then it is costly as the later axles are significantly more than the early ones, something like $450 ea. I was fortunate and had picked up a good used pair on Ebay previously in readiness.

Julian