[DeTomaso] Oil question at last resolved (I think)

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Fri Apr 13 21:16:21 EDT 2012

Guido baby,
I hope I didn't lead you astray . . . .

What matters is the oil level in the engine.  Ford engineers believe it should be below the crankshaft - whether you have a grandma oil pan or a he-man baffled racing pan.

IFF you have the correct tube length AND the correct dipstick length . . .fill till it reads full and you'll have what Ford intended.

Yes, you could be wrong. (Everyone has their own views on politics, sex, religion and oil level.)

cheers,

David