[DeTomaso] Apology to Mike Drew --- was  Oil question at last resolved (I think)

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Apr 13 20:19:04 EDT 2012

In a message dated 4/13/12 15 03 10, julian_kift at hotmail.com writes:

> Of course you can put the dipstick in the tube, measure how much it
> protrudes at the bottom and then remove the dipstick and measure the length to
> supper stop. It is then foillowing the internal track of the tube it
> naturally follows i.e. the effective length of the tube.

That assumes that the length of the tube that protrudes into the block is
constant.   It probably is, meaning your idea is probably smart.   But
realize that you can't then compare that measurement to one on your own car,
without first removing the dipstick tube from your car.   The whole point of the
exercise is to be able to evaluate a modified dipstick tube *in situ* and
contrast it with a known good tube.